Now, I'm working in industry in the field of microwave
plasma technology and special plant engineering.
At the TU-Braunschweig, my activities
laid in the field of physics,
computer science, plasma technolgy and
Through their scientific foundation, these areas are strongly related.
But let me try to split them up:
My last project at the university was called
Self-consistent modelling of the cathode plasma for high pressure gas discharges
(short: arc cathode modelling)
It is embedded into a larger research network entitled
Fundamental studies of the hot spot formation at thermionic
(short: lamp cathodes)
and funded by the german ministry for education and research (BMBF)
- Application focused modelling of
gas discharges / electric arcs (thermal plasma technology).
- Physical models for the individual parts of the electric arc discharge (plasma physics).
- Numerical software for gas discharge modelling (CFD).
- Hybrid laser-arc welding technology (LASER-TIG).
- Complex adaptive (nonlinear) systems (CAS).
Further information is provided on the
pages of the network - unfortunately, access is limited!
These pages are not to replace scientific publications, but to make
basic information, color pictures and videos available to the public!
Last modified: 10.10.1998